Publishing Open Access is not necessarily upon payment. There are several ways to make an article available in open access.
CNR signed a Read&Publish contract with this publisher.
All guidance on how to use the CNR-IEEE contract can be found on the "Pubblicare Open Access al CNR" [Publishing Open Access at CNR] website.
Read&Publish (R&P) contracts include:
- reading access and downloads of all of the publisher's journals (Read fee)
- publication of an agreed number of articles in Open Access (Publish fee)-as long as the corresponding author is a CNR author.
IEEE Open Access
- Green OA
- Embargo - IEEE does not foresee any embargo on the preprint. It usually requires 24 months embargo on the postprint. However, it allows authors to adapt to the embargo period indicated by the funders. Therefore, in the case of an article published in an IEEE journal and funded by EU, it would be possible to deposit the open version of the post-print after 6 months from the publication date.
- Gold OA
Note: Currently, the 2022 contract is up for renewal.
CNR-IEEE contract includes the APCs for 10 OA articles for CNR authors on Gold OA IEEE journals.
- IEEE Access
- IEEE Open Journal of Antennas and Propagation
- IEEE Open Journal of Circuits and Systems
- IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society
- IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society
- IEEE Open Journal of Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications
- IEEE Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society
- IEEE Open Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems
- IEEE Open Journal of Nanotechnology
- IEEE Open Journal of Power Electronics
- IEEE Open Journal of Signal Processing
- IEEE Open Journal of Solid-State Circuits
- IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Journal of the Electron Devices Society
- IEEE Journal on Exploratory Solid-State Computational Devices and Circuits
- IEEE Photonics Journal
- IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy
- IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine
- IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing
- IEEE Transactions on Quantum Engineering